Re: feature macros in stdlib.h

> On Jan 13 08:35, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Hello Joel,
>>
>> I would use the FreeBSD mechanism for this, e.g.
> I agree.  After the last years patches to cdefs.h, we're good to use the
> visibility macros throughout, rathe than just __STRICT_ANSI__ and
> _POSIX_SOURCE.
Just to follow up, the issue seems to be that  g++ defines
__STRICT_ANSI__ when you
use -std=XXX in some cases. I am investigating porting Qt and thus lots
of C++ which
expects POSIX files.

I have hacked on my installed headers and it looks like at least a half
dozen files
require touching. If a file gets touched, I would personally like to do
it top to bottom
and not restrict fixing just the method Qt needs.

It would be helpful to have some translation advice on the Open Group
commentary and headers. Or should I just look at FreeBSD and use the
same thing?