RTEMS Patch Status - 29 Nov

Hi

Even with holidays in the US, there has been considerable
progress and I want to thank everyone for reviewing
these patches so quickly.

I think all outstanding RTEMS patches are committed.
There is always the possibility something will turn up
though.

Complete from newlib's perspective:
  + pthread push/pop patch
    - requires coordination of another patch to RTEMS and
      a newlib version bump on our side
  + Sebastian's variable size cpuset patch
  + add pthread affinity patch
  + Double pass that restrict didn't end up in the traditional
    prototype section of documentation.
  + Formatting issues in documentation addressed.

I have a couple of things left on my list:

+ review comments in pthread.h. I wrote them years ago
  against and they reflect an old draft standard.

+ unistd.h - Cygwin and RTEMS need to figure out how to address
  the multitude of OS defines. Maybe switching to feature flags.
  Or deciding that having a prototype properly bracketed by
  standard is enough. Being prototypes doesn't ALWAYS mean a
  target implements something. Of course, target specific methods
  or _np ones need caution.

I don't have any expectation of code changes on the unistd.h
before the end of the year. We need to define an approach.

And I am only being hopeful about getting to pthread.h. I
have two weeks of travel and unless I do it on an airplane,
it won't happen. :)

Thanks for supporting us through these patches.