Re: [Patch, Newlib/Libm] Avoid index.html and Index.html file name clash on platform like windows

I think it is fine in libc and libm should probably do the same.  The Index chapter in libc should not be a numbered chapter.  The node refers to it properly.

From the texinfo documentation on @unnumbered/@appendix:

"Use the @unnumbered command to start a chapter-level element that appears without chapter numbers of any kind. Use the @appendix command to start an appendix that is labeled by letter (âAâ, âBâ, â) instead of by number; appendices are also at the chapter level of structuring."

"Write an @appendix or @unnumbered command at the beginning of a line and follow it on the same line by the title, just as with @chapter.

-- Jeff J.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Corinna Vinschen" <vinschen@redhat.com>
To: newlib@sourceware.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:53:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Patch, Newlib/Libm] Avoid index.html and Index.html file name clash on platform like windows

On Nov  6 11:05, Terry Guo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I copy Newlib built on Ubuntu to my Windows machine which is case
> insensitive, I ran into this filename clash issue. I checked some other GNU
> projects like Binutils and found they already rename the node Index to
> something else like "AS Index". This patch intends to solve same issue using
> same approach by rename Index to "Libm Index". Tested and it works. Is it
> ok?

I think so, but I'm not a texinfo expert.  I noticed that the
equivalent lines in libc/libc.texinfo are:

  * Library Index::

  [...]

  @node Library Index
  @unnumbered Index

Note the "Index" in the unnumbered directive.  Is that a bug in
libc/libc.texinfo, or should libm/libm.texinfo do the same?

Thanks,
Corinna