Re: Last <sys/cdefs.h> change

The only broken thing here is coreutils.  They set -std=gnu99 and
>use C11 features.  They use also _Static_assert() in a way that
>seems to be not available with pre C11 means.
Not quite.  They just have a reason to make tests along the lines of
what _Static_assert provides.  They check for the compiler version and
find that the compiler already provides _Static_assert.  That's where
our cdefs.h header collides.  So, here's the question:  Given that
collision in the __STDC_VERSION__ == 199901L case, why do*we*  (or,
FWIW, FreeBSD) provide _Static_assert, even though __STDC_VERSION__ is <
201112L?

I can only speculate. Maybe FreeBSD wants to do the best to provide a _Static_assert() for older environments which use it in a more restricted way.

From my point of view using _Static_assert() in such a situation makes no sense. If you want C11 features, then ask for them.

--
Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16
Fax     : +49 89 189 47 41-09
E-Mail  : sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de

Diese Nachricht ist keine geschÃftliche Mitteilung im Sinne des EHUG.