Can't seem to build newlib for h8300 without supplied syscalls.

Hi all,

I'm trying to build newlib without syscalls for h8300. I'm passing --disable-
newlib-supplied-syscalls to configure and I can see -D__NO_SYSCALLS__ in the C
flags used to compile the source but I'm still getting sbrk etc provided in the
resulting libraries.. So even though I haven't yet written the syscalls for my
board there are no link errors when I call printf etc (it doesn't actually
work with the provided syscalls though).

Am I doing something wrong here? The same script I'm using to build my cross
chains produces the expected result (newlib without syscalls provided) for
m68k and arm..

Please CC me as I'm not on the list.

Cheers,

Daniel