Re: Bugfix for newlib/libc/machine/m68k/memcpy.S misaligned memory access errors

Hi Josef,

your patch from early 2010 (http://cygwin.com/ml/newlib/2010/msg00106.html)
seems to have gone lost in spacetime...  Is it still the way you think
this should be fixed and are you still ok with including the patch into
newlib?

On Jan 24 11:11, Joerg Blattner wrote:
> Hello newlib
>
> While using newlib 1.19 and 1.20 successfully to have a current gcc 4.6.1 based GNU toolchain for a legacy MC68332 based CPU Board for which we still have to maintain code, I encountered misaligned address runtime exceptions in newlib/libc/machine/m68k/memcpy.S running on a MC68332 CPU (CPU32 core).
>
> While investigating this issue, I found the following discussion:
> http://old.nabble.com/-PATCH--more-problems-with-newlib-libc-machine-m68k-memcpy.S-td27515903.html
>
> The final version of the patch in the 2nd post from bottom has been proved to work in a productive environment.
> All the credits for the fix go to the people participating to the linked discussion.
>
> For convenience, I have attached a patch file containing the patch from the mentioned post above to this mail; it has to be applied to the current newlib 1.20 sources with the ignore-white-space option.
>
> I think it would be a good thing to have this fix in the official newlib sources.
>
> Joerg

Thanks,
Corinna

--