Re: Add XDR support (only built #if cygwin, for now)

On Feb 26 11:27, Charles Wilson wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> BTW, you said earlier:
> > Last but not least, if none of __IEEE_LITTLE_ENDIAN and __IEEE_BIG_ENDIAN
> > is defined, disable float support entirely *for now*.  The code in
> > xdr_float.c only handles IEEEFP or VAX floats.  Other formats require
> > some additional target-specific code.
>
> Do you mean I should /remove/ all of the vax support from xdr_float.c?

The vax code is perhaps a good example for converting some arbitrary
double format to the IEEE fp format, so I'stick to it.  I was more
thinking of just disabling the code and return FALSE.  Assuming VAX
format just because it's not IEEE is a bit bold :)

> But I was more concerned with the declaration of the FILE type (aka
> __FILE).  Is it always universally declared by stdio.h regardless of
> platform, even if stdio/ is not built? (<sys/reent.h> is a maze of
> twistly little #ifdefs).

Yes, it looks different for different targets, but it's always defined.

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader