Make 3.81 multilib issue

Hi,

I'm having a problem similar to this one:
http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2007/msg00844.html.

Our build works fine with Make v3.80, but fails with Make v3.81. I
believe it fails to compile the first source file that it comes across
because it cannot find some of our header files. My understanding is
that these should have been installed via the stmp-targ-include file.

We're using Newlib 1.17.0, and haven't really made any changes (except
for a few functions in machine/dxp).

I don't suppose any of you have encountered this problem before, and
fixed it, have you? If not, has anyone got any suggestions? I'm finding
the build system painful to try and dig through...

Thanks!
Dave.