Re: [RFA:] add _mkdir_r, fixing fallout from "add mkstemps, mkdtemp"

> Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 12:26:14 -0400
> From: Jeff Johnston <jjohnstn@redhat.com>

> Actually, I don't agree with this.  The better way to handle this is to
> protect the code with HAVE_MKDIR and put in the libnosys logic directly
> if it is not provided.

Can you rephrase the bit about the libnosys condition; should
that part of the patch be applied with a big #ifndef HAVE_MKDIR
around the guts of mkdir.c or what?

>  Otherwise, this forces platforms to either
> implement _mkdir or link with libnosys which is unreasonable.

I was under the illusion that all targets that care already did
link with libnosys as a fallback, but with that prerequisite
gone I agree conditionalizing the call makes better sense.

>  There are
> other optional syscalls already being checked for in newlib.   I have
> put together a patch which I attached to this note.  Let me know what
> you think.

This would work for me, too...but IIUC the reent.h part of the
patch I posted would still be be needed.

brgds, H-P