Re: strncasecmp bugfix and improvements

Patch checked in.

-- Jeff J.

Wizards' Guild wrote:
Jeff,

Here is the patch I've owed for some days... the recent topic jogged my memory.

On Apr 6 21:14, Wizards' Guild wrote:
Thanks! I hadn't expected such a quick response! :)

Here are the other routines changed similarly. The first gets a similar performance improvement; the others are changed only to avoid passing negative values to toupper/tolower. I have _ansi'fied this time.

The docs for both strcasecmp and strncasecmp say "after both are converted to uppercase" - this is wrong, because both are converted to lowercase.

Note that strncasecmp.c is also changed to correct the minor documentation error.

        * libc/string/strcasecmp.c: Optimized rewrite.
        * libc/string/strlwr.c: Avoid passing signed char to tolower.
        * libc/string/strupr.c: Avoid passing signed char to tolower.

---
Mike Burgess
Avanex Corporation
607-562-7169