Re: crt0 formalization

newlib-owner@sourceware.org wrote on 12/07/2006 08:59:51 AM:

> Otherwise, I suggest we leave the patch as-is and then also add the code

> to libc/machine/spu where configure tells it to be added or not (e.g.
> spu-*-rtems, add the two files).  Seem reasonable?

SPU-elf is really a special target, it can never be used alone, in that it
needs
another target to communicate with (in all cases right now it is either a
powerpc64-linux
or powerpc-linux or the PS3 game OS).  When someone goes out of their way
to create a
powerpc64-*-rtems, they most likely will also use the same interface for
the SPU as it is
a target independent interface.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski