RE: Using newlib in simulators

On 16 June 2006 17:25, Rosière mathieu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have seen a subject on how using newlib in a simulator.
> In my platform : i have a bridge between the simulator (in which runs a
> executable compiling with newlib) and the Os (Linux)
> In the function "open", i have a problem using the flags :
>
> for linux the flags are :
> 0x001 -> WRONLY
> 0x040 -> O_CREAT
> 0x200 -> O_TRUNC
>
> For newlib the same flags are :
> (file newlib/libc/include/sys/fcntl.h)
>
> 0x001 -> WRONLY
> 0x200 -> O_CREAT
> 0x400 -> O_TRUNC
>
> Is it normal (is this model for another linux distribution than mine)?
> Can the file ../sys/fcntl.h be modified without indesirable effects?

  Why does it matter if they're the same or not?  They are two entirely
different platforms, and the programs for each one should be compiled
including the right header for that one; if you are using the Linux headers
from your O/S to compile the binaries for your simulator, something is wrong
in your cross-compiler setup, it should use the newlib headers.

    cheers,
      DaveK