Re: Progress in porting newlib to a new processor

Hello Jon,

I did as told but I keep getting the following error when I try to run make.

configure: error: source directory already configured; run make distclean there first
make: *** [configure-target-newlib] Error 1

I can't understand what's wrong. As instructed, I ran make distclean and then re-tried the whole process, but still no use. Can you suggest an alternative?

Thanks,
Harsha.

Jon Beniston wrote:

Also, our toolchain is located in
TOOLCHAINPATH="/opt/ntc/vsh/"
All gcc executables in $TOOLCHAINPATH\bin are prefixed by "vsh-elf32-" (eg. gcc-> vsh-elf32-gcc etc)
All gcc executables in $TOOLCHAINPATH\vsh-elf32\ are with same names (gcc, gdb etc).

Is it sufficient that I add the machine name in config.sub (root folder) and configure.in (in libgloss folder)? How do I specify that the intended toolchain is located in $TOOLCHAINPATH? Im confused.

export PATH=$TOOLCHAINPATH:$PATH configure --target=vsh-elf32

Cheers,
Jon