Newlib : Malloc & PPC

Hi !!

I have a problem with the malloc function of newlib. Possible someone can help me out ...

If I call malloc in my program it returns a value of 0, if I compile the program with -msim (for the simulator). In case I compile the same program for an real embedded system (PowerPc based evaluation board). The system crashed if I call the malloc function.

I didn't do anything special for malloc, so I'm wondering from where the malloc get the info about the memory pool (size location etc). I can imagine I should set these values in the linker script, but I didn't found any info about this.

So what should/can I do ?

	Juergen