Re: Fw: Applying CRX port to Newlib project

On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 10:57, Tomer Levi wrote:
> Hi Ralf,
>
> If you look at other architectures, such as iq2000 or i960, you will
> notice that all their files doesn't contain a copyright nor licensing.
> So, can you explain the status of these ports ? I just thought to adapt
> this solution to CRX port.
I can't speak for newlib, Jeff is the person to answer this.

> If this is not acceptable by you, i can add licensing message in the same
> format as in
> other ports files ("The authors hereby grant permission to use...").
The latter definitely is the preferred way.

[If I was to decide I would reject all files without clear license (but
I am not the person to finally decide this :-)]

So, if you are legitimated and in a position to do so [1], pick yourself
a license that suites to your needs/demands and apply it to your files.
>From newlib's point of view, as Jeff already mentioned, a BSD style
license (without advertising clause) is preferred.

> If one of these options is preferable, please respond quickly and i will
> send a new patch.

Ralf

[1] You might need to contact your management/employer.