Re: [patch] Implement __cxa_atexit

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 07:24:33PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 02:46:57PM -0400, jjohnstn wrote:

Apparently there is some hidden dependency in Cygwin on the _reent struct as old applications are no longer working with this change. This is unfortunate. Until someone from Cygwin can determine what the problem is I have chosen to freeze sys/reent.h for Cygwin by putting it in the libc/sys/cygwin/sys directory. The new changes have been modified to look for a new flag __REENT_HAS_CXA_SUPPORT to enable the new cxa support. The default libc/include/sys/reent.h has the flag turned on.

We were actually relying on behavior between two different versions of a compiler being unchanged.

This is the minimal way to fix this.  I suppose it really should be
#ifdef __CYGWIN__ though.

I can fix this in another way in cygwin but this seemed cleaner and
more straightforward.

This patch is against the previous version of reent.h prior to any
conditionalization.  With this change cygwin seems to be ok.

Nevermind.  I fixed this in cygwin, so there is no need to modify
newlib.

You can, however, revert the cygwin-specific changes that you made.

Thanks for tracking down the problem. I have reverted the Cygwin-fix.