Porting Newlib

Hi

I've been working with newlib on a couple of embedded systems using Bill Gatcliffe's articles for reference.

http://billgatliff.com/articles/newlib/newlib/x244.html

So far I've managed to get the syscalls working to the point where printf, fpriintf(stderr, ...) etc function as expected. Currently I'm trying to get cout working without much success.

I thought that the iostream functions used the same low level output mechanism as printf and company, going through _write or _write_r as appropriate but this doesn't appear to be happening. Is there something else I need to do, in addition to setting up the device table, in order to support the C++ iostream functions?

Dave