Re: Port of Newlib/libgloss for 68HC11 and 68HC12

* Stephane Carrez <Stephane.Carrez@worldnet.fr> on Wed, Oct 03, 2001:

> Hi!
>
> "J. Johnston" a ?crit :
> >   The code has a copyright assignment to the FSF, but has a BSD-like license.
> > To my knowledge, the FSF doesn't accept any code unless it has a GPL license
> > and newlib does not accept GPL'd code.
> >
> >   Is there any reason why you cannot assign the copyright to Red Hat or
> > keep it in your own name?
> >
> > -- Jeff J.
>
> I have no strong opinion and can assign the copyright to Red Hat or keep it.
> What is the easiest way to do?

AFAIK, newlib doesn't impose that you assign your copyright to anyone ...
why wouldn't you keep it in your own name?  I'm working on some code I'd
like to submit to newlib, and I want to be sure I don't have to go through
some arcane copyright assignment process.  Can someone give a clear answer
as to whether code submitted for inclusion into newlib has any
restrictions, other than being covered by a license newlib already
supports?

M. R.