Re: isspace() & i18n

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 06:32:09PM -0400, J. Johnston wrote:
> Using an array is the wrong way to implement ctype.  For example, if we ever want to try and add
> better locale support.  I would like to switch over at the earliest possible time.  What would you
> perceive a reasonable delay to ensure that most Cygwin users won't see a problem? (x releases or n
> time)

IMHO, using an array is perfectly fine.  When setlocale is called, you use
memcpy or some such to update the array.  After all, in most programs, the
number of times you call isspace and friends far, far outweighs the number of
times you call setlocale.

--
Michael Meissner, Red Hat, Inc.  (GCC group)
Work:	  meissner@redhat.com		phone: +1 978-486-9304