>Re: make error on redhat 6.2and celeron 400

Dear Jeff Johnston and Michael Sokolov,
  Thank you very much!All what you say really help me!But I still have some question.
  I download gcc-2.95.2.tar.gz and binutils-2.9.tar.gz.Then I configure and make binutils and gcc.
  If I use i386-elf for target,make gcc give me following error:configure i386-pc-elf not supported
  If I use i386-aout for target,make gcc give me following error:stdlib.h and unistd.h not such file or direction.
  If I use i386-coff for target,make gcc give me following error:toplev.c undefined reference to "sdbout_init".....
  could you help me!
            your sincerely rosely
>rosely@yeah.net wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>   My cpu is celeron 400.I don't which target I should use.
>>   I have tried i386-aout,i386-coft,i386-elf when I run configure.
>>   But when I make,I got the following error:
>>   /bin/sh:i386-*-gcc command not found
>>   thanks for help!
>>                     your sincerely rosely

>> 网易[电脑教程] 内容超全 下载、解疑、学习应有尽有
>> http://school.163.com
>> 网易新闻频道,不但新,更要update您的判断力!
>> http://news.163.com
>
>Rosely,
>
>  Regarding a configure target, I would recommend i386-elf.
>
>  When you configure for your cross-target, newlib needs to use a target compiler and
>related tools to build for that target.  If you configure for i386-elf,
>it is expecting to find i386-elf-gcc somewhere on your path.  Typically,
>one builds or installs gcc and binutils for the target platform before
>building newlib.  The sources for gcc and binutils are available from http://sourceware.cygnus.com.
>See http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/ for information on building a cross-compiler.
>
>  Alternatively, if you already have gnu-compatible tools available that build for the target
>in question and are not named as newlib expects, you may specify them explicitly on the newlib make
>command line via the "FOR_TARGET" flags.
>
>  make all install CC_FOR_TARGET="my_compiler" AR_FOR_TARGET="my_ar" LD_FOR_TARGET="my_ld"
>                   RANLIB_FOR_TARGET="my_ranlib" "NM_FOR_TARGET="my_nm" AS_FOR_TARGET="my_asm"
>
>-- Jeff Johnston

网易[电脑教程] 内容超全 下载、解疑、学习应有尽有
http://school.163.com
网易新闻频道,不但新,更要update您的判断力!