Re: make error on redhat 6.2and celeron 400

rosely@yeah.net wrote:

> Hi all,
>   My cpu is celeron 400.I don't which target I should use.
>   I have tried i386-aout,i386-coft,i386-elf when I run configure.
>   But when I make,I got the following error:
>   /bin/sh:i386-*-gcc command not found
>   thanks for help!
>                     your sincerely rosely

> 网易[电脑教程] 内容超全 下载、解疑、学习应有尽有
> http://school.163.com
> 网易新闻频道,不但新,更要update您的判断力!
> http://news.163.com

Rosely,

  Regarding a configure target, I would recommend i386-elf.

  When you configure for your cross-target, newlib needs to use a target compiler and
related tools to build for that target.  If you configure for i386-elf,
it is expecting to find i386-elf-gcc somewhere on your path.  Typically,
one builds or installs gcc and binutils for the target platform before
building newlib.  The sources for gcc and binutils are available from http://sourceware.cygnus.com.
See http://www.objsw.com/CrossGCC/ for information on building a cross-compiler.

  Alternatively, if you already have gnu-compatible tools available that build for the target
in question and are not named as newlib expects, you may specify them explicitly on the newlib make
command line via the "FOR_TARGET" flags.

  make all install CC_FOR_TARGET="my_compiler" AR_FOR_TARGET="my_ar" LD_FOR_TARGET="my_ld"
                   RANLIB_FOR_TARGET="my_ranlib" "NM_FOR_TARGET="my_nm" AS_FOR_TARGET="my_asm"

-- Jeff Johnston