Re: Newlib, GDB Simulators, and Configurations

   Date: Fri, 03 Sep 99 14:20:07 +0100
   From: Richard Black <rjb@dcs.gla.ac.uk>

   [ resending to sourceware addresses following bounce ]

   There currently doesn't seem to exist any 'libc' like thing for programs which
   are going to be run under gdb's simulator to link against (distributed with
   gdb).  It seems to be that using newlib would be the obvious candidate, and
   I'll return to you any improvements that I make.

   I have looked at the newlib distribution and it seems that I'd need to add
   into libgloss/ the "os" stuff necessary for basic reading and writing through
   the gdb simulator.

   Currently libgloss/ doesn't support the Arm at all so I will have some config
   hacking to do.

Actually, newlib has the necessary syscall stuff for arm programs to run
on the ARMulator.
[It use to be the case that this stuff lived in newlib.  Then, libgloss
was created to hold this stuff, but the arm port of newlib hasn't been
updated.]