Re: Tweaking default java.awt.Robot settings

[resending because the mailing list thingy told me I had to use only plain text messages...]

Hmmm.. here's the meat of the test

public void runTest(int code, char chr)
{
KeyEvent e = new KeyEvent(f, KeyEvent.KEY_PRESSED, 0, 0, code, chr, KeyEvent.KEY_LOCATION_STANDARD);
f.dispatchEvent(e);
f.setSize(200,200);
f.show();
r.mouseMove(60, 60);

   r.keyPress(code);
   r.keyRelease(code);
   h.check(key, (int) chr);
 }

I don't understand this. If you're going to create a Java event why use Robot, or vice versa...?

It appears h.check is in gnu.testlet.TestHarness and that it simply does an immediate check with no waiting. The dispatchEvent call is going to cause the listener to fire regardless of what's happening using Robot.

This looks like an incorrect test, and what I'd recommend is:-

a) ditch the two lines saying KeyEvent / dispatchEvent ... they are completely subverting the intent of the test

b) insert some code so the runTest method waits for the listener to be triggered. Such as a wait and notify type of semaphor.

c) I don't know how the test guarantees runTest executes on the event dispatch thread. Is the EDT as important to classpath as it is to Sun's Swing?

- David Herron

Steve McKayâ wrote:
So would you recommend I ignore the test, delete it, add a comment, ...?

--steve