Re: patch to improve use with Eclipse

hello Mark,

On Thursday 22 December 2005 02:07, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi Raif,
>
> On Thu, 2005-12-22 at 00:39 +1100, Raif S. Naffah wrote:
> > pls. find attached a patch to improve the use of Mauve with
> > (Native) Eclipse.
>
> Could you give some guidance for a newbie like me?
> I installed this and now I have under Run->External Tools a new item
> MauveBatchRun. If I select that (after following almost everything in
> http://developer.classpath.org/mediation/ClasspathHackingWithEclipse)
> it seems to configure mauve and then says:
> [Console output redirected to
> file:/home/mark/workspace/mauve/mauve.out]
>
> But there is nothing in that file.

i just checked out Mauve, including this Runner, restarted Eclipse and
tried it and it (still) works!

i did see the symptoms you're describing when (a) the built VM had
problems; (b) the VM was not configured properly; e.g. not picking up
the correct Classpath classes; and/or (c) the environment variables
--defined in this Runner-- are not being picked up.  in these cases,
the Mauve scripts would run, but no test class is selected for the
"runner" script to run them.

the best way to debug why nothing is being written to mauve.out is to
add some 'echo ' statements in batch_run, choose-classes and runner.
also, on line 119 of the batch_run script, invert 2 and 1 so you can
see the stderr output on the Eclipse console.

finally, did you create the symbolic link to mauve-classpath keys file?

> I did commit it so others can play more easily with it though.

thanks + cheers;
rsn