legal question about writing mauve test cases

Hi,

Is it legal to use the reflection api's w/ sun's jdks to generate
lists of method signatures and then compare them to gnu-classpath's
method signatures as a reference-point from which to develop test
cases for mauve?

Does using the reflection capabilities of java with sun's libraries
constitute reading source code (legally)?

I've been doing some of this anyway just to be able to compare
gnu-classpath & sun's implementation. If it's legal, I'd like to take
some diffs of output from running reflection methods as a reference
for some test cases.

I'd like to contribute to classpath, but I'll be using sun's tools
extensively at my job, and I'm worried that I'll be tainted by doing
so.

thanks for any information you can give me on this!

-Greg