Re: can Mauve help me test a PersonalJava implementation?

Steven> Of these, I only had success with JDK 1.4.2.  All of the others failed
Steven> to compile the SimpleTestHarness, as well as some of the classes
Steven> involved in various individual tests.

The intent was always that this would work properly -- that you could
compile the 1.x subset of Mauve with a 1.x compiler and runtime, and
then try it.

However, this has obviously bit-rotted, probably because nobody really
uses anything < 1.4 any more.

Patches to fix this are welcome ... :-)
But of course we can't promise it won't break again unless this is
done with some regularity.

Steven>  * With respect to this vendor's claim, it appears to be made in
Steven>    marketing literature dated 2001.  Is it possible to go back to the
Steven>    sources that would have been current in 2001 in the current CVS
Steven>    repository?

Sure, see the '-D' option to cvs.

Tom