Re: JamaicaVM and GNU Classpath

Hi,

On Sat, 2002-10-26 at 16:14, Andy Walter wrote:

> What do you do with your statistics? We use CVS to store the detailed report
> and use a brief summary as log message. We use the CVS facilities of sending
> an eMail with the log message to all developers.

Not enough :( I just make sure that they are generated everyday so that
it is easy to see on what day which test stopped working by searching
the gcc-testresults archives.

> We use scripts to generate a wrapping main class for each test (which is maybe
> not what the mauve developers intended, because running the test suite takes
> some time that way, but we want to be able to generate proper log files even
> in case some severe bug was found in the VM).

I once wrote something like that when Kissme was a lot less mature and
crashing a lot (at least on powerpc). They have not yet been integrated
into CVS yet, but can be found in the mauve-discuss archives:
http://sources.redhat.com/ml/mauve-discuss/2002-q3/msg00019.htm

> For the improved statistics, we plan to store the result of each single test
> class in a separate CVS'ed file, so comparing the results should be quite
> easy.
>
> Since we use autoconf to configure the script, another VM can be easily used.

That would be very nice for comparing results.

> I just wanted to give you a short overview. We don't like to release the
> scripts in the state they are now, because they're just about to being
> restructured. But if you have comments or special wishes which we can easily
> adopt, this is probably the right time for it.
>
> Maybe this discussion is off topic here. If you think so, we can continue on
> the mauve mailinglists (I just subscribed).

Yes. I have added mauve-discuss to the CC and set the reply-to
accordingly.

Cheers,

Mark