java.io Directory Structure

I have recently signed up to complete the JDK 1.1 test suite for java.io.  I notice that, unlike most of the other packages, this one does not have a directory structure that has a one-to-one correspondence to the package classes.  Before I proceed, I would like to reconstruct the gnu/testlet/java/io directory along API lines.  Before doing so, I would like to find out if there are objections.  If you have any comments, please post them.  I'll let this proposal percolate for a week before taking any action in the repository.
--
Daryl Lee
Marietta, GA