Re: FYI: Adding RuntimeException checks

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Wielaard <mark@klomp.org> writes:

Mark> Also sometimes libgcj throws NullPointer exceptions were it
Mark> shouldn't which aborts the rest of the test completely.

Please submit gcj bug reports for these.

Mark> It is a workaround for bugs in libgcj. But some testlets have
Mark> hundreds of tests which just don't run if one of those throws an
Mark> unexpected RuntimeException or Error. The real solution is to
Mark> split those testlets into smaller ones that only test one
Mark> particular method.

I appreciate what you're doing here.  However even though I care a lot
about gcj I want to emphasize that I think we shouldn't let these
changes impact the maintainability of the tests themselves.

Tom