Re: Array question

I was going off the fact that the JVMS does not allow more than 255
dimensions in the .class file format; and Sun's implementation does not
permit arrays larger than 255 dimensions by compilation or by
reflection.  I agree that the Java Language Specification, and the API
specification, do not make this limit hard and fast (ie. a compiler like
gcj could make more dimensions if so desired), but it makes any Java
source file that exceeds this limit non-portable.

--
This signature intentionally left boring.

Eric Blake             ebb9@email.byu.edu
  BYU student, free software programmer