137 test failures ?

After a clean build I see "make check" reports :

                === libffi Summary ===

# of unexpected failures        137
# of unresolved testcases       137

This is almost certainly because the test process ignores the CFLAGS and performs all tests using the wrong linkage options etc and we get total failure.

Where in the test process can I see the CFLAGS being used and can I run the tests entirely manually one at a time myself ?

Also, system is Solaris 10 using the Oracle Studio 12.4 compiler set.

Dennis