libffi support for Solaris Studio on x86 Solaris

Hi All,

A bug was recently opened against the Python 'ctypes' module [1] which
caused 'ctypes' to segfault when being built with Solaris Studio on
x86 under OpenSolaris.  After investigating things more, I see where
support for *building* 'libffi' on Solaris with Solaris Studio was
added [2].

I don't see how runtime support is possible as Solaris Studio does not
support '__attribute__ ((regparm(1)))', which seems to be required by
the 'ffi_closure_SYSV_inner' implementation on 'x86'.

So, is Solaris Studio officially support for 'libffi' on Solaris x86?
The test matrix does not say so [3].  Also, I see where a similar
conclusion seemed to be derived here [4].

-- Meador

[1] http://bugs.python.org/issue12927
[2] https://github.com/atgreen/libffi/blob/master/README
[3] http://www.moxielogic.org/wiki/index.php?title=Libffi_3.0.11