Re: Soname bump

Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> writes:

> Yes, but that will mean that packages will be broken by the libffi update,
> so the Fedora update mechanism will have to push new versions to hundreds
> of thousands (millions?) of users.  If I change the libffi package I don't
> think there's any way to confine the soname bump to ARM, even though only
> ARM needs it.

Andrew and I just discussed this on IRC, the result of which is that I
just reversed the ABI changing fix from the git libffi repo, and will
try to push out 3.0.10 this week in order to publish a Fedora 15 update.

Then I'll immediately re-apply this patch to the 3.0.11 train for F16.

This also means I'll be going through all of the libffi mail I haven't
answered in recent months.  Thank you for your continued patience!

#libffi on freenode will be a good place to find me this week!

AG