Re: Dealed with gcc bug 36834 - structure return ABI for windows targets differs from native MSVC ?

On 07/09/2011 04:44 PM, Kai Tietz wrote:

Yes, beginning with 4.7 version of gcc the proper caller pops aggregate return pointer ABI automatically enabled for mingw 32-bit target. To get old behavior of callee pops aggreate return pointer (gnuish variant of 32-bit IA ABI), you need to specify attribute to function manually - as described in PR/36834.

My question is, can libffi automagically detect the two different behavior and correctly call a dll compiled with older gcc compilers?

It seems the gcc bug commit include some unit test that can somehow detect the different return behaviors. But I really don't know a thing about compiler or ABI. :(