This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libffi project.
Re: [patch] Check for libffi_cv_as_x86_pcrel should not look for just "warning"
- From: Rafael Ávila de Espíndola <respindola at mozilla dot com>
- To: libffi-discuss at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 23:55:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: [patch] Check for libffi_cv_as_x86_pcrel should not look for just "warning"
- References: <4D4C62FE.firstname.lastname@example.org>
FYI, this is https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=631928
On 11-02-04 3:35 PM, Rafael Avila de Espindola wrote:
The check that sets libffi_cv_as_x86_pcrel currently check for "warning"
or "illegal". The problem is that when trying to build libffi with LTO
clang will produce the warning
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-emit-llvm'
The attached patch just uses the $CC error code instead. Is that OK or
is there some strange assembler out there that rejects the assembly bug
exists with 0?