Re: [Question]pass structure by reference

> libffi doesn't distinguish between different pointer types, since none
> of the supported ABIs require this.  They are all just pointers.

I figured that out. But with libffi I can pass a structure for example:

struct teststruct {
  int a;
  char b;
}

by telling the ffi_prep_cif function that I pass one struct which consist of
an int and a char, and then I pass the ffi_call function two fitting values
and what ffi does (in my understanding) is taking care or the padding and
this stuff!
But in order to let  libffi take care of the padding and so on, I have to
specify an ffi_type_struct and so I can't define an ffi_type_pointer to be
passed. But what I want to do is letting libffi take care of the correct
ordering of my attributes of the struct and pass everything as a pointer
which would need me to specify the type in the ffi_prep_cif function as both
or am I completely wrong?

kind regards