Re: AIX

Am 11.02.11 16:07, schrieb Anthony Green:

I was using gcc 4.2.4 configured using IBM ld and IBM as.
GCC must use system ld and it is recommended also use system as
instead of gas on AIX.

The application using libffi (Firefox 3.6.x) is build with IBM XLC/C++
so I only had to fix the header "ffi.h".

If now it's possible to build libffi with XLC I would prefer this, but
I'm not familar with PowerPC assembly language at all.

I think I will augment the wiki page to keep track of the build tools used to test.

There is another bug in "configure" which will make non-interactive builds of libffi fail with IBM XLC:

in configure around line 3087 the the check for C compiler version will fail, as IBM xlc don't understand the "--version" flag. The equivalent is "-qversion".

The compiler will generate it's interactive short help and will continue after CTRL-C or CR until the end of page.

There is a check needed if ! GNU_C or if CC=xlc|xlc_r

--
ULi