Re: AIX (Was: libffi 3.0.10 release candidate 2 available for testing)

Am 11.02.11 13:45, schrieb Anthony Green:
tom honermann<tom.honermann@oracle.com> writes:

Below is a patch to correct a compilation failure on AIX PowerPC.  The
AIX assembler
requires external functions to be declared and requires a nop
instruction to follow
branch instructions to external functions so that the linker can
insert TOC reload
instructions.

Thanks Tom. I've pushed these changes into the git tree.

I recently applied patches from Uli Link to get libffi to build with xlc
on AIX, but he didn't have any patches to the .S files.

Uli, were you not using IBM's linker on your system?

I was using gcc 4.2.4 configured using IBM ld and IBM as.
GCC must use system ld and it is recommended also use system as instead of gas on AIX.

The application using libffi (Firefox 3.6.x) is build with IBM XLC/C++ so I only had to fix the header "ffi.h".

If now it's possible to build libffi with XLC I would prefer this, but I'm not familar with PowerPC assembly language at all.

THX for the info.

With kind regards
--
Uli Link