Re: PSP support? (MIPS)

Sylvain Beucler wrote:
It appears that dyncall supports for MIPS only includes the PSP
architecture.

According to the documentation http://www.dyncall.org/r0.3/manual.pdf,
the PSP architecture uses a different calling convention dubbed "eabi"
(which has probably nothing to do with arm eabi):

  "Many possible conventions are used by many different environments
  such as 32, O64, N32, 64 and EABI."

The documentation also includes an unofficial documentation of that
convention. Is it very different than O32/32?
It looks like the MIPS32 EABI is similar to the n32 ABI, except that it uses 32-bit registers for passing arguments instead of 64-bit. This should not be a difficult port. Does python/ctypes use libffi's closure facility?

I think I don't have the skills to implement a new calling convention
:/

libffi was previously bundled in the GCC tree. Do you think the PSP toolchain, which ported GCC, includes some port of libffi, or is this the availability of libffi completely unrelated to a GCC port?

The libffi sources in GCC do not support MIPS32 EABI. (they ship libffi sources for use in gcj, not for end user development).

AG