This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libffi project.
Re: libffi - the 10th Anniversary Release
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Anthony Green <green at redhat dot com>
- Cc: libffi-discuss at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 07:08:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: libffi - the 10th Anniversary Release
- References: <479F1FCB.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
Anthony> We're coming up on the 10th anniversary of the last libffi
Anthony> release. People are still using it, and gcc doesn't install
Anthony> it as a user library -- so perhaps it's time to make another
Anthony> new release.
There are a couple libffi patches pending that haven't gotten review:
Timothy Wall's stdcall closure patch:
H.J.'s -fomit-frame-pointer patch:
Anthony> Currently ffi.h goes in /usr/include, and ffitarget.h goes in
Anthony> /usr/lib/gcc/include/libffi/ffitarget.h. I'm thinking a
Anthony> stand-alone host library should install all header in
Anthony> /usr/include. We just need to make sure that they are
Anthony> multi-lib clean.
It may be better to install in /usr/include/libffi-$VERSION and then
have people use pkg-config to get the right -I option. This is sort
of "standard" in Linuxdom these days.