Status?

Hi -

Can anyone please tell me what the status of libffi is? What's the current version, and where's the best place to download stand-alone sources?

I'm also confused about why libffi is now part of gcc - does this mean that gcc has some sort of native support for dynamic function calls? I can't find anything in the online docs about this.

Thanks -

Evan