This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: e500 port plans
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:44:35 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: e500 port plans
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309162240210 dot 30364 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20130924230112 dot D9ADD2C043 at topped-with-meat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309252129590 dot 31429 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
> The two changes (e500 port, and moving powerpc bits out of ports/) seem
> completely independent to me.
They are. But we need to get the ball rolling on migrating things out of
ports somehow, and adding more things into ports/ does not help. Migrating
the powerpc bits out of ports/ seems far simpler than the other cases there
(because it's not the whole port that is in ports/, but just a few pieces).
I suspect it's not much more than just actually moving the files.