This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH v2] hppa: add fanotify_mark
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>, libc-ports at sourceware dot org, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 15:08:06 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] hppa: add fanotify_mark
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1377100993-9438-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <1377728809-6729-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <5220DB3E dot 1040609 at redhat dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1308302029240 dot 22363 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <20130830205130 dot CC81A2C06E at topped-with-meat dot com> <52260843 dot 9010704 at redhat dot com>
> On 08/30/2013 04:51 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > It just seems fundamentally wrong to backport a new symbol.
> It's nice to say that it's wrong, but what are the alternatives?
Obviously, you just live without the symbol until you upgrade to a libc new
enough to have it.