This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH v4] ARM: Improve armv7 memcpy performance.
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:24:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v4] ARM: Improve armv7 memcpy performance.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5236C33A dot 7080802 at linaro dot org>
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013, Will Newton wrote:
> Only enter the aligned copy loop with buffers that can be 8-byte
> aligned. This improves performance slightly on Cortex-A9 and
> Cortex-A15 cores for large copies with buffers that are 4-byte
> aligned but not 8-byte aligned.
> 2013-08-30 Will Newton <email@example.com>
> * sysdeps/arm/armv7/multiarch/memcpy_impl.S: Tighten check
> on entry to aligned copy loop to improve performance.
Joseph S. Myers