This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH v3] ARM: Improve armv7 memcpy performance.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, "libc-ports at sourceware dot org" <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, Patch Tracking <patches at linaro dot org>
- Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 17:02:02 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] ARM: Improve armv7 memcpy performance.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <522D977E dot 2000906 at linaro dot org> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309091336400 dot 25250 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CANu=DmhpQMif2PVaZQ6eMht_4wJwg75KPFKAt-5xFZm1ZYxCcw at mail dot gmail dot com> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309091709140 dot 25250 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk>
>> These are all surmountable problems but I would rather not gate
>> acceptance of this code on a satisfactory resolution of the above
>> issues. I can provide output from the cortex-strings benchmark quite
>> instead though.
> If your summary of the benchmarking discussion indicates that the existing
> glibc benchmark is not relevant for the cases addressed by the patch, then
> it's indeed appropriate to give such results from another benchmark.