This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [patch, mips] Improved memset for MIPS
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>
- Cc: <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 16:09:37 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch, mips] Improved memset for MIPS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <93a232b5-9d0b-4a27-bbb5-16e3ae7c4b89 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <Pine dot LNX dot 4 dot 64 dot 1309061430150 dot 5886 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <1378483039 dot 5770 dot 302 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On Fri, 6 Sep 2013, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-09-06 at 14:30 +0000, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> > On Thu, 5 Sep 2013, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > > Tested with the glibc and gcc testsuites and by doing some standalone
> > > performance measurements.
> > Has the glibc testsuite been run without regressions for all six
> > combinations of (o32, n32, n64) with (big-endian, little-endian)?
> No. I did most of my testing outside of the glibc testsuite because I
> find the glibc testsuite difficult to run, see
> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-help/2013-08/msg00040.html for some of my
> problems/questions. I don't believe I have ever managed to do a clean
You'll need to debug the problems as they indicate something wrong with
your build environment. It's always advised to configure glibc with
--prefix=/usr rather than some other prefix (but there is no requirement
that the dynamic linker actually be installed during testing, you can
ignore the -dynamic-linker= path), and your other error indicates some
inconsistency regarding NO_CTORS_DTORS_SECTIONS.
If you see more failures than are described at
<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.18>, you should investigate
them as well.
The expectation is that the glibc testsuite is the normal way to test
patches before submission, and string function patches like this need it
to be run for all six relevant ABI variants.
Joseph S. Myers