This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [patch, mips] Improved memset for MIPS
- From: Steve Ellcey <sellcey at mips dot com>
- To: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- Cc: <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 08:41:19 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch, mips] Improved memset for MIPS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <93a232b5-9d0b-4a27-bbb5-16e3ae7c4b89 at BAMAIL02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org> <201309052041 dot 00545 dot vapier at gentoo dot org>
On Thu, 2013-09-05 at 20:40 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 05 September 2013 13:05:43 Steve Ellcey wrote:
> > --- a/ports/sysdeps/mips/memset.S
> > +++ b/ports/sysdeps/mips/memset.S
> > @@ -1,6 +1,5 @@
> > -/* Copyright (C) 2002-2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > +/* Copyright (C) 2013 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> err, that's not generally how it works ... we extend the years, but don't
> delete them.
I am replaced the entire file. While the diff makes it look like some
stuff is not replaced, the standard copyright text is about the only
thing not completely changed. There are some blank lines and maybe a
couple of assembly language psuedo-ops that happen to match up by chance
but that is pure coincidence.
> > - Contributed by Hartvig Ekner <email@example.com>, 2002.
> what'd he ever do to you ? :p
Nothing, but I didn't use any of the old code.
> > +#ifdef ANDROID_CHANGES
> i wouldn't think we'd normally accept this kind of stuff, but i guess it's
> already been done with the mips memcpy ...
Yes, I am trying to have a common memset, memcpy, and maybe some other
routines between glibc, newlib, and android/bionic.