This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH] sysdeps/arm/armv7/multiarch/memcpy_impl.S: Improve performance.
- From: "Ryan S. Arnold" <ryan dot arnold at gmail dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, "libc-ports at sourceware dot org" <libc-ports at sourceware dot org>, Patch Tracking <patches at linaro dot org>, Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 14:34:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] sysdeps/arm/armv7/multiarch/memcpy_impl.S: Improve performance.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <520894D5 dot 7060207 at linaro dot org> <CANu=DmiBHoymFKTvaW_VsdhWZEYwkfViz1tTeRgj7H80f0FntA at mail dot gmail dot com> <5220D30B dot 9080306 at redhat dot com> <CANu=DmiXLL9v1Z1KS0sBOs-pL8csEUGc9YE829_-tidKd-GruQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <5220F1F0 dot 80501 at redhat dot com> <CANu=DmhA9QvSe6RS72Db2P=yyjC72fsE8d4QZKHEcNiwqxNMvw at mail dot gmail dot com> <52260BD0 dot 6090805 at redhat dot com> <20130903173710 dot GA2028 at domone dot kolej dot mff dot cuni dot cz>
On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 12:37 PM, OndÅej BÃlka <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> I disagree strongly. You *must* come up with a measurable answer and
>> looking at a graph is never a solution I'm going to accept.
> You can have that opinion.
> Looking at performance graphs is most powerful technique how to
> understand performance. I got most of my improvements from analyzing
Are there any open source pipeline analysis tools? I've found the one
I've used (proprietary) to be a pretty good indicator of general
instruction selection optimization/correctness.
Graphs are useful if everyone's agreed which data-sizes and alignment
restrictions should be optimized for a particular platform.