This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the libc-ports project.
Re: [PATCH 00/26] ARM improvements
- From: Måns Rullgård <mans at mansr dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at twiddle dot net>
- Cc: libc-ports at sourceware dot org, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:41:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/26] ARM improvements
- References: <email@example.com>
Richard Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Patches 19-23 add improved string routines for armv6t2. I've had these
> hanging around for almost 2 years without properly submitting them.
> Which is perhaps a bit silly, but the A8 host I was originally doing
> testing on has a dreadfully low resolution clock, so it was hard to get
> real numbers. Whereas the A15 has a 1ns resolution CLOCK_MONOTONIC_RAW.
> I can post the benchmarks under separate cover if you like.
With a suitable kernel hack, you can access the cycle counter from
userspace on any ARMv7 device. This is probably more accurate and
avoids the syscall overhead.