Re: Ports updates for NPTL _internal aliases change

On 5/30/2012 6:00 AM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
> I've applied these changes to update the ARM and MIPS ports for the move
> of NPTL to use hidden_def instead of _internal function aliases.
>
> Other architectures (alpha, ia64, hppa, m68k, tile) will need similar
> changes.  hppa does more complicated things with _internal function names
> and I don't know exactly what will be right there.

Yes, for hppa the Linuxthreads->NPTL transition was more difficult,
and required a wrapper around pthread_cond* functions to manage the
state of a possibly statically initialized pthread_cond*.

We call the _internal functions from the wrappers after initializing
pthread_cond* variables.

Is that still possible?

Cheers,
Carlos.